Perhaps the most important financial decision a person can make in his/her life is to buy or sell a home, which for many people do once in a lifetime. It’s not always a smooth and easy process. Consumers may encounter challenges and commit mistakes before reaching the finish line. Thus, to be a smart home buyer and seller when doing this decision is vital for satisfactory and successful results.
3 Tips to Become Well-Informed & Smart Home Buyer and Seller
- Consult A Real Estate Expert – To buy or sell a home can be demanding and overwhelming. The process doesn’t just start or end with finding or selling the home. Consumers will likely need to shop for agents. Agents deal with negotiation, market analyzation, property inspection, and other important things that need to be done along the process. Buyers and sellers need to be extra careful with whom they want to hire. The success of the transaction heavily depends on them. Consulting a real estate expert before starting the whole process will make a big difference. Consumers can save time, money and effort with the expert’s competence and expertise of the process. This will also help them avoid the common mistakes that home buyers and sellers might make during the transaction process. Kathleen Chiras of Skyfor Inc.’s Buyer Agent Search Service has been providing a free consultation to prospective buyers and sellers for over 20 years.
- Selectively Utilize the internet – Since technology has improved a lot throughout the years, consumers may maximize its efficiency. Nowadays, a lot of information and resources are available online. The internet is also full of paid ads and misinformation. However, savvy consumers may find informative videos about home buying or selling. They should carefully review the agent’s website and credentials. Some listings are accessible on various sites, but consumers need to be careful about trusting online content that has large corporate interests behind it.
- Attend informative real estate programs and events – Consumers can also check the local neighborhood if there are some free programs or events related to the real estate industry. Face to face contacts and information are invaluable. These free programs, oftentimes put on by local real estate companies and lenders, can be helpful in becoming a smart home buyer and seller. The upcoming boot camp in Denver, CO on Saturday, Sept. 21 (9:30 AM-12:30 PM) is one such program. The program will focus on helping consumers be savvy and safe consumers when they buy or sell homes. Because the seminars are sometimes critical of the real estate industry the bootcamp is open to homebuyers and sellers only. Check the contact information below to register.
Listen to the radio show here:
Why Do People Buy or Sell a Home?
It seems like every time people talk about real estate today, the focus is on saving money. In fact, there are other strong reasons why people choose to undergo this decision. Here are some of them based on the National Housing Survey:
- Privacy & Safety – This reason applies mostly to homeownership. Of course, people want to have a place where they have a stable and safe environment for them and their family. One of the common factors consumers check before moving to a new place is the crime rate in the area.
- Health – In line with having a safe environment, some consumers need to sell their homes or buy one because they need a healthier environment. They chose to live in a specific neighborhood because they would have access to high-quality health care, or the area is near to medical facilities, etc. People who are on their retirement age focus more on this aspect.
- Entertainment & Recreation – All of us love to live in a community that we enjoy. For instance, we can conclude that many of the people who live in Colorado are adventure-seekers and nature-lovers. This is because of its climate and a long list of activities that can be done in this state like mountain climbing, skiing, hiking, and rock climbing. California is hailed as the most fun state in the U.S (according to a survey from WalletHub) in terms of the number of restaurants, national parks, movie theaters, nightlight options and beaches it offers.
Whatever the reason or the desired benefits is, it is the agent’s responsibility to help fulfill the client’s preferences with the right property. It is vital that the property matches the consumer’s desires because they are investing a substantial amount of money and effort to make this transition from renting, or moving up or downsizing. The best agents will provide the best protection and best deals when buying or selling homes.
Finding the Best Agent
If you want to be safe and smart when buying or selling a home, consult a trusted and reliable expert only that will help start and finish the whole process. The Buyer Agent Search Service headed by Chiras provides sort of a one-stop-shop where consumers can get recommendations of top-notch agents locally and out of state. They have an extensive inventory of vetted agents. For the best match, they spend time with consumers listening to their needs and preferences carefully. They encourage consumers to interview 2 or more agents before choosing a realtor and guide them how to conduct it. Consumers also get a set of interview questions along with the agents’ profile and real estate background.
Here are some of the important questions to ask when interviewing agents:
- How familiar are you with the area where I want to purchase/sell?
- For properties listed by other companies as well as those listed with your firm, how will you represent me as a buyer client?
- How do you get paid? a) If you get paid by commission, then I know a higher-priced house will result in more payment to you—how can I be assured you will find the best deal for me regardless of the price? b) Do you charge a retainer fee? c) Is your commission negotiable?
- What is the duration of the agreement with you? a) Is that flexible? b) Can we specify in the written agreement our terms if I wish to terminate our agreement prior to the termination date?
The BuyerAgentSearch Network helps consumers be a smart home buyer and seller. They also simplify and save consumer’s time in finding top agents by providing recommendations based on personalized consultations at no cost. For a free, no-obligation list of highly-qualified and highly-rated agents anywhere in the United States, Costa Rica and Canada, go to this page in the BuyerAgentSearch site. Their headquarters office is open 7 days a week and available to call or text anytime to discuss the best strategies for the selection of top realtors.