What is an Exclusive Buyers Agent?
An exclusive buyer agent (EBA), also known as an exclusive buyers broker, is a company where the broker/owner and all agents in the office represent only real estate buyers. This movement started in the early 1990’s but was mostly replaced by designated agency. The trend over the past 30 years to provide a more trustworthy real estate process on the buy-side of the transaction. An Exclusive Buyer Agent is a licensed real estate professional who works under the supervision of an Exclusive Buyer Broker. An Exclusive Buyer Broker represents a high level of industry education and licensing. Like Exclusive Buyer Agents, an Exclusive Buyer Broker only represents home buyers. The fact that they work exclusively for buyers, instead of for both buyers and sellers, is what defines an exclusive buyer’s agent. EBAs never list properties for sale or represent sellers.
Buying a home can seem like a scary process. It just may be the most expensive and emotionally charged purchase of your life. But even during a pandemic, with careful research and determination, the keys to that dream home can be yours.
What Is Exclusive Buyer Agent vs. Dual Agent Representation?
Dual agencies can occur with two agents or with a single agent:
- When a real estate agent works with the buyer and the seller on the same transaction. This arrangement is beneficial to the agency because it receives a fee from both sides of the transaction, depending on state laws and practices.
- When the buyer’s agent and the seller’s agent are licensed under the same broker.
In many real estate transactions, it is much more common to have separate agents to represent each party. This helps to avoid the conflict of interest when an agent negotiates for both sides. Real estate companies and Realtors who also list homes for sale are NOT Exclusive Buyer’s Agents.
There are real estate agents who call themselves “buyer’s agents” but also list homes for sale. They are not “specialists” dedicated exclusively to serve you as the buyer. They cannot represent your best interest if you choose a home listed by them or their principal broker. Ask yourself this question: If you had a lung problem, are you going to your family doctor or you will go to the best lung doctor you could find? That is the difference between a traditional agent and an Exclusive Buyer’s Agent.
Why Use an Exclusive Buyer Agent?
Buying a home is a great investment and a dream to many that involves finding the right property, securing financing, evaluating a property, making an offer, home inspection and closing. When you are thinking about buying a home, it starts looking more complicated than it first appears to be. But considering working with an Exclusive Buyer Agent can prevent costly mistakes.
Some Benefits of Working with an Exclusive Buyers Agent:
- The exclusive agent can be neutral about which properties to show to you as the buyer and doesn’t have to sell any property. He/she can concentrate on your needs and wants as the buyer.
- Exclusive buyer agent will always be in the buyers’ best interests during the purchase and in the event a problem should arise.
- The exclusive buyer agent will surely give priority to the buyers’ priorities and timelines. Buyers Agents are straightforward and hones when showing homes to their clients.
- The exclusive buyer agent relationship is more relaxed for the buyers. They don’t worry about the agent being self-serving or pressuring them. The agent acts as more of a guide and advisor than as a salesperson.
- You can trust your agent to negotiate the best price. It is their goal is to help you, not the home seller.
Exclusive buyer agents protect your interests whether you are a first-time home buyer, or if you are looking for retirement, investment, ranch, resort, or second home properties. Rather than trying to sell you a home, it is the job of an Exclusive Buyer Agent to help you buy your perfect home. You can trust your agent to negotiate the best price because their goal is to help you, not the home seller. This is just one of the benefits of working with exclusive buyers agents.
National Buyers Agents Association
The National Buyers Agents Association, managed by Skyfor, is all about empowering real estate buyers to have access to top real estate agents and the tools to choose the best.
It’s a huge financial commitment and you deserve the best selection. We provide at least 2 top buyers agents who have already been vetted for experience, reputation, top reviews, and great consumer feedback. The association provides a third-party oversight to make sure they are doing the job you expect.
“It’s so important that the consumers’ interests are taken care of. It helps to have a third-party oversight, like what our company does. We follow-up and check with both the agents and buyers to see how things are going and to make sure we maintain a high level of professionalism at all times.” -Kathleen Chiras
Find a Buyer Agent in Your Area
The easiest way to find an Exclusive Buyers Agent anywhere nationwide is by reaching out to National Buyers Agents Association. Well provide you with a list of EBAs in your area at no charge or obligation.
When it comes to location, negotiation, evaluation, and facilitation, National Buyers Agents Association have got your back. Find an agent today to get in touch with the right buyer’s agent for you!
You can go to BuyerAgentSearch.com/find-a-buyers-agent/ for a free, no obligation, list of members for your area. You may also call us at 800-383-7188.