The following is an interpretation of the comments the author heard on material discussed on the Barry and Larry Radio show on Sept. 15, 2018 radio talk shows, and commentary from the author.
Host: This time of the year, more homes are on the market and it takes a little longer to sell the homes. Given the situation, there’s a need to do something different to make the house sell quickly. Right after 4th of July, there’s already a slow down on housing sales because most of the schools start much early than before.
Author comment: Buyers who are looking for Colorado homes for sale this fall may wish to be aware of what strategies sellers are using to get buyers to buy their homes for top dollar.
What seller agent should do differently to make the house sell quickly?
- Get the house pre-inspected – Sellers should have a written statement regarding the status of their house facilities, units, and systems.
- Be aggressive in the implementation of the marketing plan – Determine the property’s market value to know the best marketing approach to sell the property.
- Ask agents to perform a market analysis – Watch the market every three weeks to check if price adjustments on the property are needed.
Listen to the whole 8am radio show from September 15, 2018, here:
How to look for true fiduciary agents?
With a large number of real estate agents throughout the United States, finding the top agent that can best handle the whole buying or selling process for the consumer will be tough.
A consumer can hire anyone on the basis of commission-fee upon closing. So there are no out of pocket costs. However, ensuring a smooth, fast transaction takes skills from a loyal and a full trustee. So careful selection is important.
The host of the radio show mentions the following.
- Interview agents who have made their loyalty promises in writing. This should be in the company’s policies procedure manuals.
- To review the fiduciary duty and fiduciary level of service section.
- Find ones who will be 100% loyal throughout the buying or selling process.
In Colorado, the state law requires this written policy manual.
Kathleen Chiras supplied the following commentary:
How Buyer Agent Search sorts out fiduciary agents for the SmartHomeSearch Network of top agents. It provides:
- Consumer feedback from over 20 years of finding top agents. This allows the service to see how loyal agents are being to consumers.
- The service keeps an eye on agents to make sure they’re doing a good job.
- Agent interviews. The service takes a proactive approach to interview agents and makes sure there are at least 2 top agents in each area.
- Interview questions. Consumers are encouraged to interview at least 2 or 3 agents. These interview questions will help consumers know who will be loyal to them. A true fiduciary agent will care more about consumers than themselves.
When selling a home, it is always best to have the agent perform a comparative marketing analysis. Carefully prepared CMAs to provide an examination of similar properties and prices in the area that were sold recently. It is an excellent way to avoid underpricing and overpricing the property since it’ll help the consumer determine the correct way to price the house for a fast and easy sale.